Holy Family is honored to celebrate the beginning of life with your family, welcoming your loved one into the Catholic faith. The Jordan Program is a preparation class for parents wishing to have their child baptized. Discussions at these sessions include symbolism of baptism, selection of godparents and faith development in children. Jordan Program classes are held on the third Sunday of each month and last approximately two hours. As expecting parents, it is recommended to select godparents and attend the Jordan Program classes early in pregnancy. Baptisms are held the second Saturday of the month at 11 a.m. or after the 11 a.m. Mass the last weekend of the month.
Requirements for having your infant baptized at Holy Family:
- Being registered, active members of Holy Family Parish for at least six months before baptism or providing verification of active parish membership from their previous pastor.
- Completing the Jordan Program
- Having at least one full, initiated Catholic godparent at the baptism. While two godparents are preferred (one of each gender), Canon Law requires at least one. A Christian of another denomination may serve as a Christian witness alongside a single Catholic godparent.
Godparent/Christian Witness Forms
- The godparent must submit an eligibility certificate, signed by their current pastor and sealed with their parish’s seal. View >
- A Christian witness must provide a verification form from their pastor that indicates that he or she is a practicing Christian. View >
If you satisfy the requirements and would like to have your child baptized at Holy Family, please fill out the forms below and return them to the parish office. If you have any additional questions, please contact the main office at 816-436-9200.